November 25, 2009

Mommy's Little Helper

Austen is now ten months old and up to a lot of new things. He can now clap and does so often and he also has started to whistle. It's very cute!! He loves to follow me around the house and "help" with whatever I'm doing. If I'm doing my makeup, well then he's going to play with my makeup (don't worry Brian, I barely ever put makeup on anyway). If I'm in the kitchen cooking, then he's emptying the cupboards....the one's that don't have a saftey latch. I generally think it's cute even if it is a little messy, but the other day when I was in the bathroom and turned around just in time to see him throwing his bath toys in the toilet, well that wasn't so cute!!! I also thought it was cute that he was "helping" me sort the laundry until he decided to crawl in between the washer and dryer and get stuck. (Pictures to follow.)
I kind of thought Austen was showing signs of being an early walker, but he seems to have digressed in that area. When he was just doing the army crawl he was very interested in walking, but now that he has gotten the regular crawl down he has lost interest in walking. He just crawls too fast to be bothered with something new I guess.
Austen loves Sophie and she is starting to think he's alright now that he can open her toy cupboard and sort of play with her. They like to play tug of war and she keeps hoping he'll throw her ball. When he does get her ball he tries so hard to throw it, but it only goes a few inches....not far enough for her to even bother with though.

The other night he fell asleep on the couch. I don't know why I think it's so cute....maybe because it's sooo his daddy.Here he is playing with the mop. I shortened the handle all the way so he could push it and he thought that was the best toy ever!!!

Stuck in between the washer and dryer.


He crawled in and then realized he couldn't turn around to get out.



It was a tight squeeze....I could barely get him out!


1 comment:

  1. These are great pictures. I can only imagine the noices he was making while trying to free himself.

    ReplyDelete