January 23, 2010

WOW!!! A Year Already?

Austen,
I can't believe that you've been in my life for a whole year already. The time goes by so fast and yet I can't imagine my life without you. You have taught me more about life and love in twevle short months than I had managed to learn in my previous 26 years. You are my everything! I am so blessed to be your mom and all I can really say is thank you for picking me.

You are constantly amazing me and making me laugh.....usually at the same time. There is so much to love about you, but at your current stage I'm really loving that:
-You HATE blankets when you're sleeping....no matter how many times a night I cover you up, you always kick them off.
-You get so excited that you start to dance when you see a banana or tapioca pudding.
-You make singing sounds when you're trying to fall asleep.
-You not only love to stick everything in your own mouth, but you also love to put stuff in my mouth, your dads mouth, and even the dogs mouth.
-I find things shoved into any little nook and cranny (I just pulled a starbucks cup sleeve out of the printer and I'm pretty sure I haven't even found everything you've put down the heater vents, not to mention the T.V. remote has been missing for six days now despite our best attempts to find it).
-And what I'm loving most about you at this stage is how when we snuggle you fit perfectly in my nook.
I love every single day with you and I can't wait for what's yet to come.


On Austen's big day we went to the Aquarium and then had cake. It was a very fun day, so I took lots of pics.....enjoy.

We gave him some new pacifiers that he wasn't quite sure about.

He kept taking it out to inspect it.

He loved all the bright fish at the Aquarium.

In the canoe at the Aquarium. He didn't want to get out!

Looking at a huge snake.

Worn out when it was time to go.


Opening his gift from his Great Grandma J.


My attempt at making a rocket ship cake.....the M&Ms started bleeding.

He wasn't quite sure what to do with the cake.

He figured it out though.







After he had eaten his fill of cake we immediately had to stick him in the tub. It was everywhere...he even got some on the dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment