It took a couple of days for the pain to subside, but after the third day he seemed fine and was even trying to use his right hand. After about a week he realized the cast could be used to make loud noises and also doubled as a weapon, so that's what we're dealing with now. Both Brian and I have been whacked in the face pretty hard a few times.....just one of the many reasons we're excited for the cast to go. It's also pretty heartbreaking to watch him try to do stuff with that hand although he has adjusted to being a lefty pretty well. There are still a few things that he just wants to use his right hand for like eating and coloring. The cast comes off in 6 days and I am so excited for him to be able to swim again, play in the sandbox again, and take a normal bath. Also, the cast is getting VERY stinky!!!
Here's a few pics of the little guy with his cast.
I tried to do a "cast photo shoot" and I got a lot of funny faces, so I had to post them all.
(Also, he's just learning to do what he thinks is a smile when you hold up the camera.....we've seen some hilarious faces! Who knew smiling on purpose was so hard?)
The closed mouth no lip smile.

Trying to grab the camera, but notice....still trying to smile!
I tried to do a "cast photo shoot" and I got a lot of funny faces, so I had to post them all.
(Also, he's just learning to do what he thinks is a smile when you hold up the camera.....we've seen some hilarious faces! Who knew smiling on purpose was so hard?)
The closed mouth no lip smile.
Trying to grab the camera, but notice....still trying to smile!
No comments:
Post a Comment