February 10, 2011

Word Of The Week

Austen has been so funny lately with the stuff he's been saying.
He'll start to understand a new word and then he'll use it ALL the time.
Last week it was "now".
Examples:
"All done sleeping now."
(which he would yell out in the morning)
"Watch Woody now."
Etc. Etc.
You get the point.

Well this week his new word is "actually".
This was apparently one of my most used words when I was younger, so it's extra funny for my family to hear him say it.
(I guess I still say it quite frequently.)
We were coloring the other day when he held up a crayon and said "pen". I didn't argue since I've learned it's pointless with him.
Then he said "actually crayon".
I thought that was hilarious and adorable at the same time.
In fact I still laugh when I think about it.

He has also started memorizing books and then reading them word for word back to himself.
The first time I heard him do it, I was literally shocked especially because I had only read him that particular book a handful of times.
He is more into books right now than he ever has been and I'm loving every second of it.
Isn't reading to kids the best?!?!
I love it!
We've been visiting the library at least once a week even though he sent Brian's library card to live down the return air vent.
In fact as we were leaving the library today he yelled "bye people" as loud as possible.
Everyone turned to look.
He was so proud!!!

P.S. no pics today, I can't get them to load right now.
I figured a post with no pics is better than no post at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment