Austen had his first hot dog the other day and he absolutely LOVED it. I grabbed him one as we were leaving Costco along with a root beer and I'm pretty sure it was his favorite dinner ever!!! He ate the entire thing (they are huge). I'm considering entering him in a hot dog eating contest.....I know he could at least beat me. I asked him what he wanted for dinner last night and he said "hot dog and root beer". I tried to tell him that's a special thing and we can't eat it all the time, so he settled for hot dog and milk, but he pretended his milk was root beer.
Yesterday I dropped Austen off at the childcare place at the gym while I did yoga. It was his first time being left anywhere like that. (I very rarely leave him and when I do it's with my mom or my sister.) He was fine and totally happy when I left, he never even looked back once. I even went back and checked on him before my class started and he was just having a blast with all the new toys. Apparently that didn't last long....they had to come get me from my class to come get him. He was crying and crying and they couldn't distract him. He was so sad and I felt awful for leaving him with a bunch of strangers. He stayed mad for a good 2 hours after we got home......I thought he'd never forgive me!!! He eventually did forgive me, but he kept talking about it and even told Brian about it when he got home from work. I think he was a little traumatized!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment