This is a very random post with some cute pictures.
I'll just start off by saying that I think we may have entered a new stage with Austen. I really hope I'm not jinxing myself, but he has started actually listening when I tell him not to do things. It's amazing!!! I have been waiting for this day for years....in fact, I had actually given up the hope that it would ever come. He has been so obedient and good that I almost wonder if he's been replaced by a calmer version of himself. I'm going to love and appreciate it while it lasts! My nerves needed a little break anyway.
Austen loves the baby robins and he has decided that they need a lullaby in the evenings before bedtime. He pulls a little table onto the grass and climbs up to sing to them. So far that parents haven't attacked him while he's doing this, but I still keep close watch while he's out there.
Austen's newest favorite thing to do is ride his scooter around our neighborhood. He seriously begs to go all day long. He especially loves it when there are other kids in the common area. He doesn't care how old they are.....if there are kids, he's going to play with him. I had to explain to him what it meant to be shy the other day.....needless to say, he had trouble comprehending that concept.
I have to just go off on a tangent here and say that I have the most amazing partner in the whole world! He does so much around the house and with Austen that I sometimes feel lazy. He has taken over bath time to give me some alone time and I love it. It's Brian and Austen's special time together which they both love, but sometimes they go a little overboard with the bubbles!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment