The other night Brian and I were playing with Austen and I noticed he needed a diaper change. I had already dealt with my fair share of poop that day (we've had a very sick dog) so I was trying to get Brian to change it. I asked Austen, "who do you want to change your diaper?? Mama or Dada?" To this he responded with his arms out and a shoulder shrug as if to say I don't know. We could not stop laughing because neither of us had ever seen him do that before and he did it so deliberately that he had to know what it meant. Now when you ask him a question he does it all the time, unless he knows the answer. It's pretty hard to get a picture of, this one is the best we've done so far.
He's also learned the sign for hungry. It's sooo cute to see him do it!! I love that he can communicate he's hungry or thirsty or done. It's very rewarding to get that back from him considering I'm yapping at him all day.
Austen has a super long tongue. I had no idea of this until recently when he discovered I thought it was funny when he stuck it out. Now he sticks it out whenever he wants a laugh. Here's a pic, but this is only about half way out. The thing seriously goes past his chin.
By far the funniest thing he's ever done is immitate me laughing. At first I wasn't sure what he was even doing, but then I realized he did it everytime I laughed and well it was such a good immitation there was no question. If you know me well, you know that every time I laugh hard I throw my head back and close my eyes. To be honest I didn't even realize I did that, but I must do it often because he has it down. I have a picture of it below, notice his head is thrown back just like I do it and his eyes are closed tight. I'm not kidding, I really think this is by far the funniest thing he has ever done!!! I would probably think it was funnier if it wasn't at my expense.
No comments:
Post a Comment