August 21, 2010

Eating With A Fork AND A New Treasure

Austen is doing new things so often now that I feel like I can't keep up on the blog even with my daily posts.
Okay, first things first.....
He is talking constantly and he says new words daily. If I don't know what he's saying and can't say it back to him, then he just keeps saying the new word until I get it right. Most of the time this works, but when it doesn't.....man it gets frustrating. For both of us!!! Last night he started saying a new word while we were on a walk. I thought he was saying moon, but when I said moon back to him that wasn't it. Then I thought maybe he was saying deer because we had just encountered a deer on our walk, but that didn't work either. He said his new word for over a mile of the walk, the whole drive home, the entire time I was trying to get him to sleep last night, and he started in on it again as soon as he woke up. (He is very persistent!) He says the words over and over and when I tell him I don't know, he'll get his face really close to my face and say it again. It makes me laugh because it's like he's trying to dumb it down for me or something. I still have no idea what he was saying and he got so frustrated with me that he actually gave up. That is the first time that's happened with anything!

Some words are clear as day, but he uses them for the wrong thing and no matter how many times I correct him, he still says the wrong word. He thinks "knee" works for his arm also. He thinks motorcycles (which he is now into pointing out while we drive) are lawnmowers. I kinda get the connection there. Rain is ice (because it hailed one time) and all shoes are bop bops (flip flops).

Also new, yesterday his very first molar peeked through. Only a tiny corner has come out of the gums, but I'm sure all of it will be out in a day or two. I'm quite relieved because his teeth have been taking forever to come in and he has been in quite a lot of pain. The night before the molar poked through was rough!!! He was rolling around in his bed in pain and that was with ambesol. We gave him some tylenol around midnight and that helped him sleep, but I felt so bad for him.

He's eating with a fork really well, he's actually been doing that for quite a while.

Here he is with his new favorite thing..... a stick he found at Wheeler Farm. He even took it with when we went up to Park City.




He plays with it all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment