January 26, 2012

It's My Birthday.....The Cake

The cake deserves it's own post! It was such a pain, that next year I will for sure go the store bought route.


First I had to start with cake from scratch because the store bought cakes are not dense enough to do what I wanted to do. So I made a chocolate and vanilla cake, froze them, then cut concentric angled circles, and place them inside each other. I only had one fall apart which is amazing! I'll just say that it turned out alright (not like the one I modeled it after which was amazing). The kids loved it! Luckily my Mom brought a back up cake for the adults that was delish.



The pictures loaded out of order, but this is a pic of it after I put on the frosting. It wasn't looking too promising at this point.


But here's the finished product and it didn't turn out too bad. I'm no Martha Stewart though, that is for sure!


The concentric circles so the inside would be striped.

Austen and his cousins loved it, so I guess it was all worth it......maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment