February 1, 2013

Surpirse.....I Can Read And A Snow Day

The other day Austen and I were in his room doing "paperwork" (this is by far Austen's favorite pastime...he basically does coloring and stickers and stamps on a paper and then sticks it in one of his boxes that he loves to collect and says we are going to mail the whole box to Santa) when I mistakenly discovered that Austen can sound out words and read them!  I was shocked and beyond proud of course!  We started with some easy two letter words like NO and GO and ME and then moved up to three letter words like CAT and MAP and JET.  It was one of those moments I hope I never forget.

On another note, it has been snowing here....A.LOT!  We decided to make the best of it and bundle up and head outside.  Austen loves to shovel the driveway which is really cute, but the best part is that he talks to all the neighbors while he's shoveling.  He'll walk out and say "Hey Ron" to our next door neighbor just as if he is one of the grownups.

 Shoveling got old, so he ran and jumped in.

 How cute is that?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment