December 18, 2013

The Joy Of Being A Mom To Boys

Remember when we took the boys on a hike in the summer? I posted about Austen collecting all those acorns and sticking them in his backpack?  Well, I never wrote about this, but those acorns sat in his backpack for a few weeks and then one day when I was picking Austen up from school, his teacher said I should check the front pocket of his backpack. In the car Austen was telling me there were caterpillars in there.  I was scared!  When we got home, I took the backpack outside and bravely opened the front pocket to find that little white grubs had hatched out of the acorns and were writhing around all over in there.  I was beyond grossed out and had to empty them into the dirt outside.  It was awful.....I'll never be able to eat rice again without thinking of those gross little things.

Well, the other night we had another one of those "only a mom to boys" moments.  Brian found a giant black widow at work and did what any normal human being would do.  He caught it and brought it home to show Austen.  I was seriously dying!  They were playing with this stupid thing....in my house!  I was so freaked out, but Austen thought it was the neatest thing ever and even got sad when Brian took it to be released....far far away! 



No comments:

Post a Comment