We are all REALLY sick at our house which is why I haven't blogged about Austen's birthday before now.
We woke Austen up on his birthday and he was excited from the first moment he opened his eyes.
I decorated the house with some balloons.
He was very excited to come out and see all of them.
I had some new books laid out for him that he thought were pretty neat.
Grandma Jenene made him this awesome quilt for his bed.
He went off to school with a treat for his class and I picked up his Aunt Danah from the airport.
We got all ready for his friend birthday party and then went and picked up his cake. This cake was epic! Way more amazing than I had anticipated.
He was really into the cake and couldn't wait to eat the tree leaves and the volcano.
He was also very excited about the party hats.
All the kids had fun bouncing on the trampolines and playing in the foam pits.
Opening presents was also a highlight.
Then he made a wish...
and blew out his candles.
Later that night he said "Mom, my birthday was pretty impressive". I have to admit, it was a pretty fun day for him and I'm glad he enjoyed it because I don't think we'll be doing a friend party again for a while. It was expensive and stressful, but definitely worth it for the big 5.
No comments:
Post a Comment