April 4, 2011

Favorite Foods And A Big Boy Bed

Austen has been eating like crazy lately! He has also been growing....none of his clothes fit him anymore, but I don't want to buy new winter clothes, so he's been wearing floods while I hold out for warmer weather.

He loves fruit! It is by far his favorite food and has been for a long time. He eats pears like candy, loves bananas with peanut butter, gets excited over cantaloupe, and I thought he was going to die when I couldn't find grapes anywhere for a whole week. He's also been loving asparagus and red peppers lately. (see he does get something from me.) He loves ketchup and salsa on everything......even weird things like pineapple and strawberries.

We took a late night trip to the store the other night to get an ice cream fix and we let Austen pick out what he wanted. He went with the little ice cream dot things and he devoured them! Look how wide he can open that mouth!



Dipping a strawberry in salsa

And currently the ultimate meal for him
Costco hot dog and a root beer.


And since he's getting so big from all that eating we decided to make his crib into a big boy bed. It's a very long story, but to summarize we bought a crib that is supposed to convert into a big boy bed. We bought the conversion kit at the same time we bought his crib, but they were never able to actually get it from the manufacturer and I can't find it anywhere on the internet. So, we had a little (read big) problem trying to make a toddler bed. I wanted to throw in the towel and just wait until we can buy an actual toddler bed, but luckily I live with the world's second best problem solver and he made it work. Last night was Austen's first night sleeping in his bed and while he was super excited before he went to sleep, he didn't really sleep that great. He is definitely a creature of habit and not a fan of change, but I'm sure he'll adjust eventually. In the meantime at least he's really proud of the big boy bed even if he doesn't want to sleep through the night in it.

2 comments:

  1. I am not willing to concede that you are only a clone host but, looking at the size of A_Jr mouth and yours has made me stop and give pause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why doesn't dad ever post on my blog? Is he playing favorites?
    BTW, cutest pics ever!!!

    ReplyDelete