October 9, 2011

Attack Of The Killer Tomato Bush

I think I've mentioned my giant, out of control tomato plant before on the blog, but I don't think I've mentioned my near death experience with the plant before. This thing was so big that it grew down in our window well! I found some nice big, red, tomatoes down there so I balanced myself on the edge of the window well and tried to pick them. Being me, I slipped, of course and fell. I got the wind knocked out of me, scraped my wrist on the stucco, and got a huge bruise on my butt which took the brunt of the impact. Austen witnessed the whole thing and kept asking if I was ok as I laid motionless on the lawn trying to recover. Unfortunately, that was the exact moment Brian came home from work. Once he made sure I was ok, he started laughing and hasn't stopped since. Oh, and he banned me from trying to get the tomatoes from the window well without him.


Here it is. Next year I think I'll be trimming my tomatoes.



Here it is after I took my revenge and chopped it to bits.


It filled up 6 garbage bags and I found snail heaven underneath it.

There were at least 30 snails under there and they had been feasting on all the ripe tomatoes I couldn't find because the bush was too thick.


No comments:

Post a Comment