I have been wanting to move for about two years now. Our neighborhood is in a great location, but it's full of old people......and I'm not kidding. We are probably the youngest couple in the whole subdivision which is saying a lot for Utah. I want Austen to have friends he can go ride bikes with and get into trouble with. Well, we finally found some. Austen has befriended a 6 year old and a 5 year old and they are now inseparable! Brian calls them the three musketeers which is very fitting. They terrorize the neighborhood on their bikes.
Anyway, I was loving that Austen finally had friends to play with, but then I started learning that having friends brings a whole new set of issues to deal with.
First of all the dirt.....two extra boys in and out of the house all day requires a lot of vacuuming.
Secondly, the food......they play hard and they need a lot of snacks throughout the day. ( I tried to give them a sliced up cucumber one day and one of the boys had never even heard of a cucumber.)
Third, Austen never wants to run errands or go anywhere because he just wants to hang out with friends all day everyday. Getting this kid to run to the grocery store with me is suddenly a huge battle.
Fourth, they are noisy and wake up the baby constantly....not to mention trying to breastfeed with three boys running around is difficult.
Oh well, it's worth it just to see how happy it makes Austen. He wakes up first thing in the morning and wants to go play. When I tell him it's time to come home to eat, he'll tell me not to give him too much because he doesn't want to "waste time eating" (his exact words). Sometimes he'll just run in, grab a cold hot dog, and be off again. He needs a bath every night because he comes home so dirty and he is so exhausted he falls asleep in seconds, but he is loving every second of it and that makes it all worth it!
The boys wanted to play in the sprinklers, so Austen turned them on....by himself.
No comments:
Post a Comment