February 26, 2012

First Day Of Preschool Take Two

First of all, I just want to say thank you to everyone for your kind words, support, and excitement over our engagement! I was surprised and very appreciative of every one's love!

As I previously posted, Austen's last preschool experience was not good. He had a bad teacher and I just didn't feel comfortable leaving him there. I was thinking we'd wait until Sept. and try again, but my awesome sister made a phone call and found an opening in the preschool her girls went to, so we decided to give it a try. I'm happy to say that this new preschool is a hit! He has been three times and even though he started off the week really sad to go (he's mostly just having trouble being without me) he ended the week by running right in and not crying at all. It helps that his teacher is amazing! She has the perfect balance of play, fun, and learning and she is so sweet. She also has a really cool dinosaur book that she lets Austen carry around, so that helps too.....she found the way to his heart! She also knows that for the first little while you have to comfort the child AND the parent, so she sends me pictures of him to let me know he's happy.







1 comment: