February 2, 2012

You've Been Milk Bombed......

While Austen was at school I decided to run some errands, one of those errands was to run to the grocery store. I picked up Austen and drove home to unload the groceries. When I opened the back of the car out rolled a jar of spaghetti sauce which landed on the concrete and shattered everywhere. I hurried and unloaded the rest of the groceries into the house where I left them on the counter until I could put them away. Sauce and glass are NOT easy to clean up, but I picked up the big pieces of glass, filled up a bucket to wash away the sauce, and then vacuumed up the little pieces of glass. Austen was out in the garage with me the whole time I was cleaning up except when I started to vacuum, he decided he wanted to go inside. I went in and turned on a show to keep him busy for a minute and went out to finish the clean up. It didn't take long. I walked in the house to find milk everywhere! It took me a while to figure out what happened, but I guess Austen got up on the counter, took down the gallon of milk I had just bought and threw it into the family room where it exploded.






The picture doesn't quite do it justice.....it was all over the wall and the carpet and toys.....everywhere.



Here's the exploded milk jug.


I absolutely lost it.....not to Austen, but inside. I called my Mom and asked to borrow their carpet cleaner and in the meantime I used six beach towels to try and soak up the milk. The carpet was still soaked and I was so upset I started to cry. I knew the milk would be sitting in the carpet until Brian could get home to clean it and I couldn't take it. Just then my Mom showed up with my Dad and the carpet cleaner. I was not expecting them at all and it was seriously just what I need to prevent a nervous breakdown!

My Dad saved the day.....he cleaned the carpet for over an hour to make sure we got all the milk sucked up.




He even cleaned the whole family room and not just where the milk was.








Thank you Mom and Dad for knowing I needed you and for dropping what you were doing to help me out!



As Grandpa was leaving Austen said "Thanks Grandpa for saving my life". He doesn't know how true that statement was......

No comments:

Post a Comment