February 1, 2012

First Day Of Preschool

Austen went to his first day of preschool yesterday. He was beyond excited to go.


Here he is leading the way to his class.



The customary pics before we left home.






He wanted to show off his backpack.
And I had to include this one because I love the look on his face!


He wasn't sad or apprehensive for me to leave at all. I enjoyed 3 whole hours of alone time before I went to pick him but when I got there I was surprised to find that he couldn't leave fast enough. He was crying and demanding I get his backpack so we could leave. Apparently he hated it and never wants to go back......he even had a nightmare about it during his nap. I guess he was sad pretty much the whole time and really missed me. I'm not sure what to do now......should I take him back on Thurs and see if he adjusts to being without me or should I take this as an indicator that he's not quite ready for preschool and try again in the fall???





1 comment: